Monday, March 21, 2011

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli




Stargirl Discussion
What is your initial impression of Stargirl?
Comment on Mica High School.

27 comments:

  1. I don't really have an impression on Stargirl yet because I'm not sure if she is real or not. I think she might be real but I also think she's a set up so the school isn't boring anymore. I'm still not sure. I think Mica High School was a boring school but now that Stargirl is attending there, it's interesting now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Stargirl is a strange book. They don't know if that girl is real or not, and why is she so different from everyone else. This book I think is strange but very intersting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this book is very strange. First, they were interested in her the and all of a sudden she may or may not be real this book is wierd but is very interesting though. To me Stargirl is way different and wierd than everybody else in Mica High.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know what to say about this book. to me this book dont have no point. I dont understand if she is a kid or someone trying to help the school.But I think that stargirl will help the school.She made the school start having lots of more school sprit.and she not afraid to stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I read I see that maybe it's a good thing that stargirl is standing out.Stargirl has made people realize that the school is changeing.She helped the ticket sell's. She allows the kids to have their birthday know to the other kids. I think mica high is becomeing a better school.But many of people think differnt about stargirl in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are people threatened by people who are different? Is Stargirl a threat to normal life and routine at Mica High?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess most of the people would feel threaten by the some people that is different from them but it might only depends on a person character and personality of how they express themselves and I don't really think that Stargirl is a threat to normal life and the routine of the Mica High but that what i think they might feel alittle threatned by Stargirl but abive all that I think the she really change Mica High.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what i think is that stargirl is someone that a comes n goes in people's mind and that when people think they see her , they think its star girlbut really its someone hiding from themselves from the world .thats my opinion and thought

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a good book but a little confusing. Its confusing how its going around the school if she's real or not. Some people think she's fake and its just a setup and then other people think its real. I think stargirl might be a setup to make the school better but she could also be real. I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this book is very confusing. They had Stargirl on the hot seat and she would not talk very much. At the sport games the kids thought it was weird that she would also cheer for the other team too. They still do not know if she is real or not. I am unable to tell also yet. I am also unsure becauce she is always there when something bad has gone on even if she does not know the people, and also the things she does in school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why does the school turn on Stargirl? Is it fair or unfair?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The school turned on Stargirl because she always would cheer for the other people on the other team. The people in the school didn't like that or think that was right because she should be cheering for her team. It is kinda fair because she should be cheering for her school teams but its also unfair because she can cheer for whoever she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The school turned on Stargirl because she would cheer for the other teams and should just cheer for her team. When she would cheer for both teams her team would always win, now that she don't her team has lost. I think it is unfair because she should be able to cheer for whoever she wants to. If they let her keep doing that her team would win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what i have read so far is that stargirl doesnt celebrate nor does she stay in at the game and talks to someone outside and her friends on the cheerleading team questions her leaving outs and she doesnt respond to what they say

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stargirl is a very cheerful person when it comes to different people. People just don't like her cheering for any other team except for her team. It's very unfair that Stargirl can't cheer for other teams because she has her rights to cheer on any team she wants to cheers for it doesn't really matter if they’re her team or not she should be cheering for anyone she wants to cheer for. They should just stop bothering her and let her do what she wants to do but that's my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the reason why the school turns on stargirl is because she doesnt try to fit in and she doesnt care who likes or dislikes her at all and stargirl doesnt like hillari one bit inside so thats my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stargirl is really different from the others because shes always cheerful and happy all the time, thats why some people think shes just a set up to make the school better. I think Stargirl may be real or she could be a set up I'm not sure yet. But just because shes always happy and cheerful all the time doesn't mean they have to treat her different from the others in the school.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In Stargirl the part that I have just read everyone in school will not even look at Stargirl or Leo because of What Stargirl has done to then basketball team. The only reason they are not talking to Leo is because Leo is the only one who is talking and hanging with Stargirl. So everyone is acting like they are not even at the school. They are so mad at her because she made them lose the game. But only if they would let her cheer like she was before they would of won.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that this book is weird. I feel like this book has its up's and its down's. Stargirl make the school happy for the things she does.But now because all she wants to do is make both teams feel good, herown shcool gets mad.I think when she got on the hot seat she started acting weird.To me this book has not yet caoght me in they way other book's do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stargirl got a tomato thrown at her at the basketball game. Stargirl and Leo are both being shunned now because how Stargirl cheered for the other team and Leo is still hanging out with her and talking to her. Everyone else is ignoring Stargirl because of what she did and now they are started to ignore Leo because he isn't ignoring Stargirl like everyone is. Everyone thinks since Stargirl cheered for the other team they can ignore her and not bother with her and Leo doesn't think that so he's still hanging and talking with her. So since Leo is still with her and stuff everyone is gonna ignore him also.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stargirl is a very happy person.But when I frist started reading the book I thought her real name was Stargirl.She has many of different types of name's.Starfirl is full of joy.She just want's everyone to like her.But just like evry school there some one who doent like the things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Leo found out who was sending the gifts to everyone in town,he found out how she knew what was going on. Leo was helping her now with the cards. I think Stargirl is still kinda strange. People in school should not be that mad at her. Even if Stargirl cheers for the other teams they were still winning and the school was now going to the games. But now everyone is mad at her. Now everyone is not talking to Leo also because he is with Stargirl. They should not be that mean/mad at Stargirl.

    ReplyDelete
  25. what i think about MICA HighSchool is that the school is like an ordinary school that seems to not know if stargirl is real or not because of games and other activities going on which concerns the student body and school grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  26. what i also think about leo is that he wants to ask stargirl to be his girlfriend but stargirl is someone who only existence in MICA HIGHSCHOOL's student body

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think that Mica High changed alot when Stargirl came. It was just a normal school, a little boring but then Stargirl came along and everything changed. Everyone became more confused and focused on Stargirl and Stargirl only. I think that Leo was the bigger person and talked to Stargirl even when everyone hated her. I think that ever since Stargirl came Mica High changed and so did Leo.

    ReplyDelete