Friday, April 8, 2011

Maus I by Art Spiegelmen

16 comments:

  1. Nice book goes straight into the action, has lots of drama and the best part is it has minimal cursing so every other word isn't the "f" word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good book but many words and names are hard to pronounce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book is a interesting book about jews and nazis for all the entertaining ther is in it plus ther is good parts in it like ecaping from the prison camps. So its a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does Spiegelman use the mice, cats and pigs to stand for the Jews, Nazis and Polish?

    Consider Vladek's early relationships with Lucia, Anja and Anja's father.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how this book talks about history. I also like how the father tells you what he saw through his eyes. The only thing I dont like is the guy that ratted them out of their hidding spot. Why did he do that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. right now I am on PG 92 and in the last few pages spieglman has went threw alot of things like hiding the grandparents and going to get there papers stamped and his good friens getting hanged to show discipline of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do some people "rat" (using Nathan's word) other people out? What does this say about self-preservation and loyalty?

    Consider the relationship between Vladek and Art. Describe and evaluate their relationship. How close are they, do they understand each other, how are they similar and how are they different...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The relationship between Art and his Dad is more than just father and son. There relationship goes to the extent that Art relies on his Dad for stories. Witch in my opinion isn't good or bad. I think this because I think Art can visit his father once in a while just for fun. But there very close like in the sense that they will talk about anything together. That is the relationship between Art and his Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this book since i'm done reading it i'm going to Barns and Nobel and buying a copy. This book doesn't exactly cover all of what happened during World War 2. But it does show some of the hardships in that time that people had to go through in that time. The places they had to go and the things they had to do. Sure it was probably unconvertible but its what they had to do. Valdek and Anje stuck together through it all. I think its sad how they get separated and she dies its so sanding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a good book but there are too many names and words that are hard to pronounce.

    ReplyDelete
  12. to the end. Why does spieglmen burn all the diaries, books and all the other things he had from his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is with Artie and that coat. He was mad and sad when his dad throw away that coat. I don't think that the dad should have done that but he gave Artie a new one. I wonder if there was something specail about that coat and thats why Artie was upset.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am confused. Not only about the book but history itself. Why don't the Jews fight back. Yeah they would probably lose but they would be shot. That way they do not have to suffer. Does their religion band violence or something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why did the dad burn all of those paper that Artie was wanting so badly. Did he not want Artie have them or seeing them, or did he just hate to have his ex-wifes horrible and scary stories. Why didn't he tell Artie he got rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vladek burns all of his wife's things because he felt like he needed to move on in his life and to forget all the bad things.

    ReplyDelete